Horoscope matching, also known as Kundali matching, is a traditional practice in Hindu astrology that is used to determine the compatibility between two individuals based on their astrological signs.
One of life's biggest challenges is choosing someone to spend it with. Finding a partner worthy of spending decades with requires careful consideration and research. In Hindu society, Kundli matching, or horoscope matching, is an old method used to analyze potential partners' suitability before marriage.
When the boy and girl's astrological charts, called kundlis, are compared, it is thought that this will show how the planets have shaped their personalities, temperaments, and futures. Finding a partner with more excellent astrological compatibility is critical for a successful marriage. But because the younger generation is more interested in emotional ideas about marriage, the value of this old wisdom sometimes needs to be discovered. With the rise of the internet, there is also a lot of wrong information and a need for understanding proper kundli matching techniques.
Astro Chopra wrote this detailed guide to bring back respect for this ancient Vedic practice and make it easier for modern couples to understand how kundli matching works in today's world. If you're young or old, traditional or contemporary, a believer or a critic, Astro Chopra's guide will help you grasp kundli science and improve your relationships.
So let's get started!
First, let's talk about what a kundli or horoscope is.
In Vedic Astrology, a kundli is a picture of how the planets were in their places when you were born. It's like a snapshot of the planets and stars at the exact moment you were born based on your birth details. The planets in your Kundli affect your attitude, relationships, health, and life events. An experienced astrologer can read your Kundli to tell you about your future and give you tips on fixing problems.
The boy's kundli and the girl's kundli are analyzed together for suitability in kundli matching.
The kundli tells you a lot about your nature, skills, flaws, luck, obstacles, and more. An astrologer can map the precise planetary layout when you are born by providing accurate birth details. This is because the positioning of planets, stars, and constellations influences the cosmic energy flow at our birth. Looking at how this energy flows, the kundli is like a picture of your future in areas like work, money, relationships, etc.
Based on Vedic astrology, a kundli chart is a scientific way to predict your life path and advise you on success.
A kundli is now clear to you. But why is Kundali matching done before marriage? What good does it do? Here are the main reasons why Hindus place so much importance on horoscope matching:
● Balances the three Doshas - We all have some doshas or flaws based on where the planets are in our Kundli. When two kundlis are joined, the doshas can either get in balance or make each other stronger. Matching helps people find a partner whose kundli makes up for their flaws, which makes life easier.
● Makes sure people's ideas are compatible - Kundli Milan can tell if two people have similar views and ways of thinking by looking at how their planets, houses, and signs affect them. This compatibility means fewer arguments and misunderstandings.
● Avoids Marital Disharmony - Major doshas like Mangalik dosh can ruin marital happiness. Horoscope matching can find these kinds of problems so that horoscope fixes can be made before marriage. This reduces the chances of disputes cropping up years later.
● Finds out how healthy future generations will be - Kundli match indicates genetic compatibility and chances of progeny health issues. Certain combinations improve fertility, while others may cause child health concerns.
● Keeps our traditions alive - Matchmaking through kundali milan has been the trusted way to check marital compatibility, per Vedic sciences. By doing this, we show that we value old culture wisdom.
So kundli matching gives a complete picture of how two people are in tune with each other mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Vedic astrology thinks that kundli matching is important because it analyses the match from all important points of view:
● Getting to Know Each Other - The first thing matched is the boy and girl's personality, instincts, and temperaments through factors like yoni porutham, gan porutham, rajju porutham, etc. This predicts how well they connect. Things like introvert vs. extrovert nature, socializing capacity, and interests are compared.
● Feelings of Compatibility - Chandra Koota analyses the mental temperaments of two people to see if they can understand each other well and get along well. It checks how they articulate feelings, handle mood swings, and support each other.
● Health and Living Longer - The couple's health and life longevity predictions are determined through the match. This includes factors indicating their mental health, physical vitality, energy levels, stamina, and chances of progeny health issues.
● Sexual Compatibility - Kama koota matching is a way to measure a person's sexual health, relationship needs, level of desire, and sensitive nature. Harmony in these aspects leads to a fulfilling marital relationship.
● Having the same beliefs - For a marriage to work, our final life goals, religion, philosophy, and spiritual ideals must be in sync. This is matched through factors like nadi and yoni porutham, which reveal mental and spiritual affinity.
● Financial Compatibility - Through things like dhana koota, prospects' habits with money, financial control, spending patterns, and joint financial planning are analyzed. Financial harmony reduces conflicts.
The ancient Ashtakoot method for kundli matching looks at how well the two people match in 36 key ways or gunas. Here's a quick look at some of the main gunas evaluated:
Guna Milan, being the most important part of Horoscope Matching, considers eight different aspects, also known as Kootas, between the horoscopes of both the partners. Each of these Kootas is assigned certain points or Gunas, and the total number of Gunas obtained through the matching process is used to assess the final compatibility between the couple.
Listed are the eight Kootas that are fundamentally considered by an expert astrologer:
● Varna Koota - This signifies the spiritual compatibility of the bride and groom and their respective ego and self-image levels. It is divided into four categories - Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya, and Shudra.
● Vasya or Vashya Koota - This is related to mutual attraction and control in the marriage. It is divided into five types - human, wild animals, small animals, sea animals, and insects. It studies behavioral traits to check if the two have mutual attraction, affection, and temperamental compatibility. This ensures happiness at home.
● Tara Koota - Also called Dhina koota, this koota matches the birth stars or Nakshatras of the prospective bride and groom for compatibility. This ensures emotional harmony. This is also related to the birth star compatibility and destiny of the couple.
● Yoni Koota - This is related to the sexual compatibility and mutual love between the couple. It is further classified into 14 kind of animals. These include elephant, dog, horse, monkey, sheep, rat, cat, snake, dog, buffalo, cow, mongoose, deer, ion, and tiger. This predicts marital pleasure and progeny.
● Graha Maitri Koota or Rasyadipati - This is related to the mental compatibility, affection, and natural friendship between the couple. It is based on the moon sign compatibility between the bride and groom.
● Gana Koota - This is related to the behavioral acts and individual personality of the couple. It is based on the birth stars of both the partners, which are divided into three categories – Deva (God), Manava (Human), and Rakshasa (Demon). Matching of their temperaments based on human, demon, or animalistic traits of signs. This ensures good communication and understanding.
● Bhakoot Koota - This is related to emotional compatibility and love between the couple. It is based on the position of the planets in the boy's birth chart compared to the girl's birth chart, and vice versa. It matches the lunar constellations of the boy and girl to predict how they synchronize and impact each other's luck after the wedding.
● Nadi Koota - This is related to health and genetic make-up. It is based on the Nakshatra of the bride and groom, which are classified into three parts - Aadi (Vata) Nadi, Madhya (Pitta) Nadi, and Antya (Kapha) Nadi. Studies astrological sign compatibility for health and childbirth prospects. It also checks the spiritual compatibility of the two souls.
This 36-point horoscope free match making delivers a holistic compatibility report across all life factors!
Each of these Kootas is given certain points, which are added up to give a total score for Guna Milan:
|Graha Maitri Koota or Rasyadipati||5|
|Rashi Koota or Bhakoota||7|
A score of 18 or more out of 36 is considered a good match, while a score of less than 18 is not considered favorable for marriage.
Less than 18 Guna: Low score, not suggested for marriage, challenging marriage life.
However, it is important to keep in mind that Guna Milan is just one part of Kundali Matching and should be used in combination with other factors to make an informed decision about a marriage.
Kundli Matching, also known as Horoscope Matching, is an integral part of Vedic Astrology and is considered a crucial step in determining the compatibility between two individuals who are planning to get married. The process involves comparing the horoscopes or Kundlis of the likely bride and grooms to check for any compatibility issues that may arise in the future. Horoscope Matching works on checking the compatibility.
Here are the key factors that are considered during Kundli Horoscope Matching:
What the Ascendant, also called the Lagna, Means
One of the most crucial things to analyze during kundali matching is the Ascendant, also called the Lagna. It refers to the zodiac sign that is rising over the eastern horizon at the time of birth. The Lagna becomes the first house of the Kundli chart. It indicates the core personality, physical appearance, general temperament, and how one approaches life. The planet ruler of the ascendant exerts a significant influence on the individual.
When figuring out who someone is, matching the Lagna with the planet that rules over it is essential. Aries Ascendant, which Mars rules, and Leo Ascendant, which is ruled by the Sun, are examples of pairings that suggest friction. Evaluating the Lagna compatibility gives deeper personality-matching insights.
Another essential part of kundli matching is analyzing the Rashi or moon sign. The moon indicates our emotional nature, sensitivities, comforts, and how we express feelings. In Hindu astrology, the moon sign is more significant than the sun sign. During matchmaking, compatibility between the prospective bride and groom's Rashis is evaluated through factors like Dina Koota and Mahendra Koota.
Certain combinations like Cancer-Capricorn are challenging as their emotional natures differ. However, matches like Pisces-Scorpio tend to connect well emotionally. Examining the moon sign adds the emotional chemistry perspective.
Online Kundli software makes it easy and quick to match your horoscopes. Here's how to do it:
Type in your birth date - Provide the prospective bride and groom's accurate birth date, time, and location details. Even small mistakes can change how a kundli is read.
The Kundli Charts should be made - Based on the birth information, the program will make full Kundli maps. The kundlis show what the stars and planets looked like at birth.
Match Analysis Done by Computer - The 36-gun milan is done automatically by the software, and the resulting forecast is generated instantly. The points for each guna and overall match percentage are calculated
Check the Results
To provide the most accurate matching predictions with dosha insights, professional astrologers personally analyze both kundli match-making reports. So, when you do online kundli matching, you get the results immediately and don't even have to leave your house.
The total gunas in Ashtakoot Milan add up to 36. Here are the match compatibility levels based on total points:
● Above 32 Points - Excellent match! Go ahead and be happy.
● 28–32 Points - Excellent. Minor doshas can be remedied.
● 18 - 28 Points - Moderate match. Remedial solutions are needed for flaws.
● Below 18 Points - Not recommended due to significant discord indicators.
Besides seeing the total score, the absence of significant doshas like Manglik dosh is also critical for marital happiness. But astrologers think of the overall guna match number as a general rule. Even with low scores, the alliance can work well if the significant doshas are absent and the couples deeply love each other.
Similarly, even with seemingly high scores, if factors like personality, values, and the couple's priorities don't align well, there could be problems. Some astrologers weigh different gunas based on their relative importance in marital happiness. For example - nadi koota is considered the most vital. So while gun milan does offer a helpful indicator of compatibility factors, human instincts and emotions are just as important. It's not a good idea to depend too much on the total score.
Before choosing a life partner, it's best to take a fair approach and consider both the kundli match study and the person. This combines the wisdom of science and the knowledge of the heart!
How well online kundli matchmaking works depends on two main things:
Correct birth information
Even small birth time or place mistakes can change how the kundli is read. So give the correct information for an actual matching study.
Reliability of Software Algorithms
Not all Kundli software is made with Vedic astrology in mind. Use only fundamental tools, like AstroChopra Kundli Matching, to figure out your horoscope.
To be 100% sure, take the online report to an experienced astrologer who can do a manual evaluation and re-confirm the accuracy.
Also, here are some tips to make someone more reliable:
So while online kundli matching offers convenience, human supervision and periodic updates are advised for the most reliable compatibility analysis.
No one has a kundli that is perfect in every way. Minor doshas are common, but major ones like Kuja dosh must be dealt with for marital happiness. What you can do is:
So while minor doshas can be remedied, too many red flags should be addressed in horoscope matching.
Nowadays, kundali matching is often done quite late once other aspects have been discussed. However, Vedic wisdom advises matching when marriage-related thoughts first emerge. Here are good times when you should get horoscope matchmaking done:
● Before moving forward with any talks - Get the Kundli Milan done right when you start considering marriage prospects. This avoids wasting time if primary doshas are found later.
● Before a formal commitment - Another good time is to do matchmaking before the official engagement. If the results are wrong, the relationship can be called off respectfully before formalities.
● Before the wedding date was set in stone - Getting the kundlis matched before confirming the wedding date is also recommended. It allows time for astrological remedies in case any doshas are found.
● Priest Says Muhurat is Best for Matching - Traditionally, families consulted temple priests to find an auspicious date (muhurta) for the first kundli match making before initiating marriage talks
So the earlier you can match horoscopes in the relationship, the better! It keeps trouble from happening later.
Kundli matching is based on Vedic astrology principles that have been well-tested over millennia. But yes, there are some cases where even after proper matching, things can go wrong -
So while kundli matching is quite reliable, some checks are needed for the best results!
Kundali matching is integral to Hindu marriage traditions. But what about people from other countries and faiths?
● Muslims get married - Muslims mainly rely on the manual match-making expertise of experienced clerics to analyze the match instead of Kundli software. Factors considered include piety, moral character, personality, and family background.
● Weddings for Christians Christians have no formal customs around astrology-based matchmaking. They may casually check Zodiac compatibility, but most emphasize the couple's compatibility mindsets, interests, personality, and family values.
● Mixed-race marriages With rising inter-caste unions, kundali milan is given flexibility if the couple is compatible otherwise. Remedial measures are done to offset any doshas. More attention is paid to happiness in general.
So, different cultures and communities place different amounts of value on kundli matching. But most people want the same thing: a wonderful marriage.
If you want accurate and trustworthy kundli matching, here are some reasons to trust Astrochopra:
So if you want a horoscope match that you can trust, you should go to Astrochopra.
Let's delve deeper into some of the critical match-making factors considered in Ashtakoot Milan and what they indicate:
● Charts of Your Birth (Janma Rashi) - The birth Rashi or moon sign of the boy and girl are matched. Compatible signs like Virgo-Taurus create excellent compatibility. Incompatible rashes like Leo-Aquarius cause friction.
● Positions of the planets (Graha Maitri) - The planets in the natal charts are analyzed for friendly, neutral, or hostile dispositions. Matching charts with more friendly planet arrangements are recommended for balance.
● Points of Fate (Bhakoot Dosha) - This studies how the destiny influencing lunar constellations (nakshatras) of the prospects match. Compatible nakshatras amplify prosperity, while incompatible ones heighten frustrations.
● How people act (Varna) - The innate nature and temperament of the prospects based on their predominant doshas - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are matched. Similar dosha types have a better understanding.
● Factors of Health (Nadi) - Nadi koota matches physical health prospects and childbearing capacities. Compatible nadi signs bless the couple with good health and progeny.
● Links to the spirit (Yoni Signs) - The animal yoni signs of the prospects are matched to gauge their spiritual compatibility. Similar yoni types, like both being mammalian, have a more mental affinity.
● How people feel about money (Dhana) - Dhana Porutham analyzes how the prospects' financial approach and money management styles match. Money problems don't happen when people have similar goals.
● Needs of the Heart (Rashi) - The moon signs are studied to see if the emotional needs align. A mismatch causes misunderstandings, while compatible rashes empathize better.
So, you can see that kundali matching is much more than just matching the sun signs of two people.
So, if you're considering starting a marriage, ensure your horoscopes match. It will reveal how the stars influence your destiny as a couple! Kundali matching gives you peace of mind that your partner is mentally, physically, and emotionally compatible. It makes sure you'll have a happy life together.
Most frequent questions asked during Kundali Matching for Marraige?
Even though Kundli matching is an established Vedic astrology practice, a successful marriage can still happen without it. Before making any marriage-related decisions, other aspects like love, respect, trust and mutual understanding should also be taken into account.
A low Guna score may indicate that the couple has profound personality or life goals differences that could make married life difficult. However, as earlier said this all depends on case to case basis by putting other factors like mutual love, respect, and individual personality into considerations as well.
It may be indicative of a successful marriage if your Guna score is high. To make a commitment, you should still get to know the person first and build a solid relationship based on trust and understanding. In the end, marriage success depends on more than just astrology. Mutual respect, communication, and shared values are just a few factors that contribute to marriage success.
Mangal Dosha is believed to create an imbalance between two individuals, leading to conflicts and misunderstandings if one has it and the other does not. When assessing compatibility, Mangal Dosha is only one factor to consider, and a low Mangal Dosha score does not necessarily mean that the two will not get along.
As for Ashtakoota matching, Nadi has been ranked highest with an 8 in Ashtakoota, making it important to consider when matching Kundlis or Guna Milans. Even if Nadi Dosha is present, a decent match is considered if the total Ashtakoota points are greater than 18. It's worthwhile to note that Nadi Dosha may indicate potential health issues for the couple. However, it does not necessarily mean that the couple will face problems in their married life.
The accuracy of online Kundli matching or Guna Milan is based on the several factors. Online Kundli matching makes use of computer software that computes the Guna score based on the birth details of the two people being matched and accuracy depends on the data input. Besides that, online Kundli matching is not a good substitute for professional consultation with a knowledgeable astrologer who can provide individualized recommendations and insights based on a comprehensive assessment of the birth charts and other crucial aspects.
Kundli matching is highly recommended in Vedic astrology before solemnizing a marriage. It minimizes the risks of misfortunes due to astrological incompatibility.
The accuracy depends hugely on the birth data provided. Even slight errors in the time or place of birth can change kundli readings. To offer accurate inputs to the proper match analysis.
If identified, major flaws like Kuja dosh can be remedied through solutions like mahurat, puja, gemstones, etc. However, matches with heavy doshas below 18 points are best avoided.
While not mandatory, avoiding kundli milan goes against ancient Hindu traditions. Since astrology impacts married life, kundli matching helps make an informed decision.
Manglik dosh can be minimized largely through gemstones, pujas, and mahurat remedies. But it is difficult to eliminate its effects for a Manglik person.
Post-marriage, it is advisable to update the kundlis of the couple every 2-3 years to track planetary movements. Yearly updates are recommended if primary doshas were found earlier.
Charan sparsh puja of the prospective bride/groom is considered in traditional families to mitigate adverse effects of doshas like mangal dosh. But consultation with an astrologer is still required.
While the 36-gun total offers a good indicator of compatibility, the presence of significant doshas plays a more critical role in deciding the match. Even high scores cannot negate inauspicious doshas.
Inter-caste marriages may face fewer objections if the kundli match is good. But if significant flaws exist, the marriage can face issues even if the social standing is compatible.